Pureed, fresh asparagus is the star of this soup. Add potatoes and Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend for a tasty treat.
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 c. low-sodium, low-fat chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 10 tsp. low-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small leek, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 lb. fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté leek and onion for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and asparagus; reserve 10 tips for garnish.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree cooled soup in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan and stir in Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend and lemon juice.
- Blanch reserved asparagus tips.
- Ladle soup into bowls, lay asparagus tips on top and garnish with sour cream.