Start with simple stew meat and transform it into a dinner to warm the heart and soul. Savory and salt-free, Mrs. Dash® Beef Stew Seasoning Mix is the perfect blend to make any stew heavenly.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- 4 c. water
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 lb. lean beef for stew, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pkt. Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- 5 c. cut-up veggies (potatoes, carrots, onions, celery)
- Coat beef with flour.
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Add beef; cook until browned on all sides.
- Stir in seasoning mix, tomato paste and water.
- Bring to boil. Cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables; simmer 1 hour or until beef and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Thicken stew with additional flour, if desired.