- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 15 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 16 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp. Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 ½ c. instant white rice
- ½ medium onion, chopped fine
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When hot, add onion, carrot and red bell pepper.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and both seasoning blends.
- Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on the surface and vegetables are tender.
- Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the chickpeas and rice.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- For spicy version, add additional teaspoon of Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.