Smoky and sweet, this recipe is one to add to your cookbook. Traditional cornbread gets a kick with the addition of Mrs. Dash® Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend.
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp. canned green chiles, drained and chopped
- ½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- ½ c. yellow cornmeal
- 1 c. cream-style corn
- ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 c. sugar
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Fold in creamed corn, chiles and cheese.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend in another bowl.
- Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into lightly greased 8- x 8-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve warm.