Make the most of seasonal summer tomatoes by showing them off in an easy make-ahead meal. Make this popular salad unique by topping it off with a homemade salad dressing, accented with Dash™ Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1⁄3 c. olive oil
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 pieces cooked bacon, drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp. Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 6 c. coarsely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 4 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, divided
- ¼ tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 chopped tomato
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Put 2 tablespoons Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend on a plate.
- Roll chicken breasts in the seasoning, coating thoroughly.
- Cook on grill 5 minutes, turn and cook for another 5 minutes or until juices run clear when skewer is inserted.
- Remove from grill, cool and cut into chunks.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and mustard.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and black pepper and mix well, set aside.
- On a large platter, arrange lettuce to cover the entire surface.
- Then, place cooled and cut-up chicken, chopped tomato, crumbled blue cheese and crumbled bacon in strips across the platter, so that you have a strip of each salad ingredient on top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad and serve.