An authentic recipe for Maryland's favorite seafood appetizer. Spicy flavor is added to these mouthwatering crab cakes with Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend and chopped green onions.
- Cook Time: 8 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- ¼ c. thinly sliced green onions or chopped chives
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. low-fat tartar sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 6-oz. cans white crabmeat, well drained
- ½ c. plain dry breadcrumbs, divided
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs onto a small plate; set aside.
- Combine crabmeat, remaining breadcrumbs, egg whites, green onions and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend in a medium bowl, mixing well.
- Shape to form four patties, about 3 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
- At this point, crab cakes may be refrigerated up to 4 hours before cooking.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Dip crab cakes lightly in reserved breadcrumbs to coat both sides.
- Add to skillet and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and, if desired, tartar sauce.