A perfect side to take to your next backyard barbecue, this homemade salad has a light and tangy dressing, thanks to Mrs. Dash® Original Blend. Dijon mustard and a touch of sugar nicely complement the heartiness of this pasta salad.
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Original Blend
- ½ c. blanched broccoli flowerets
- 1 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 oz. package frozen cooked small shrimp, defrosted and drained
- 2⁄3 c. corn oil
- 2 c. uncooked pasta (rotini shells, cavatelli, etc.)
- ½ c. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ c. blanched asparagus tips
- 2 tbsp. Original Blend
- For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, Original Blend, Dijon-style mustard and sugar in jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Cover and shake to mix well; set aside.
- For pasta salad, prepare pasta as directed on package, omitting salt; rinse and cool slightly.
- Combine pasta, mushrooms, shrimp and remaining vegetables in 3-quart bowl; toss gently.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss to mix well.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Toss before serving.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.