Add a kick to your brunch with this fried rice recipe, made simple and delicious with Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and a medley of yummy flavors.
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- ¼ c. finely chopped onion
- ¼ c. finely chopped green pepper
- ¼ c. finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- ¼ c. finely chopped carrots
- ¼ c. chopped water chestnuts
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 c. long-grain rice
- 5 tsp. Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- ½ c. low-sodium steak sauce
- Cook rice as directed on package but omitting salt, reducing water by 1 cup and adding 2 teaspoons Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend to water.
- Stir steak sauce into hot cooked rice; set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add carrots, green pepper and onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in rice, mushrooms, water chestnuts and remaining 3 teaspoons of Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.