This isn't your mother's meatloaf. Mrs. Dash® Hamburger Grilling Blend spices up lean ground beef, while shredded carrots, onions and egg whites create great texture and flavor for a meal that's ready to serve in under an hour.
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Hamburger Grilling Blend
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ c. finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Hamburger Grilling Blend
- ½ c. shredded carrots
- 1 to 1 ½ lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 8 oz. can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- ¼ c. plain dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine meat, onion, carrots, 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, egg whites and Hamburger Grilling Blend in a medium bowl.
- Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into an 8- x 4-inch loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce, Dijon mustard and brown sugar; set aside half of mixture.
- Spoon remaining mixture over loaf.
- Bake 30 minutes; spoon reserved tomato sauce mixture over loaf.
- Continue baking 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of meat reaches 160 degrees.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.