Orange juice and Mrs. Dash® are the unexpected combination that will make your roast chicken a memorable meal. This basic recipe is easy to follow and results in a festive main course.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare chicken by removing giblets and excess fat from cavity.
- Dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Tuck the wing tips under the body.
- Sprinkle cavity with Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Lift skin from the breast by placing your hand under skin and breast and gently lifting skin.
- Sprinkle breast meat with Chicken Grilling Blend.
- Place skin gently on top of seasoning.
- Place onion slices on bottom of a heavy-duty roasting pan.
- Place chicken on top of onion slices and pour orange juice over skin.
- Place chicken in oven and roast until skin is a deep golden brown and crisp and the juices run clear, about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
- Remove chicken from oven and transfer to cutting board.
- Skim off fat in roasting pan.
- Add chicken stock and stir to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until liquid is reduced and thickened.
- Press onions to extract any juices and strain gravy.
- Carve chicken and serve with sauce.