Try these low-carb appetizers the next time you host a party. Dijon mustard and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend give a spicy yet tangy kick to these tempting small bites.
- Cook Time: 16 Minutes
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Featured Product:
- Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- ½ c. shredded skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- ½ pkg. frozen puff pastry
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Roll pastry into 10- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Brush Dijon mustard evenly on top of dough.
- Lay sliced prosciutto on top of mustard; sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Cut in half crosswise to form 10- x 6-inch rectangle.
- Roll up rectangle from long end, jelly roll fashion, pinching seams to seal.
- Beat egg.
- Cut roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices cut side up on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden.
- These bites can be made ahead, wrapped and frozen.
- Place in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- Serve warm.